• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gourd Houses (1 Viewer)

CBSlayer2004

Me and my dad found our gourds for our Purple Martin houses and I want to know when you're supposed to hang them up, as well as attracting them. Coould someone reading this help me out? B :)

Last edited:
I recently visited Sharpsberg, GA....and they had gourds (both natural and pvc) FULL of purple martins strung high across their "main street intersection" across from Papa JuJus. I took many photos, because I've never seen this kind of display before. Propieter of the shop said they are up all the time...if you live near by..... check it out.
Personally, if House Sparrows are a problem in your area, I'd wait till they set up shop in the spring to cut down on competition....otherwise it will be a fruitless battle (don't allow the HOSP to nest in your gourds).
Shelley

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back