• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer birding trip to Scotland (1 Viewer)

LaplandBunting

United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a few days spare and was thinking of heading up to Scotland to do some birding probably late June/early July as I've never birded up there before and I thought it would be a nice change of scenery. I know Shetland is good and even though it's not migration season they'll be plenty of good seabirds around so that's definitely an option (though the travelling between islands is my main concern). I have found less info on Orkney but I imagine that must have some good seabird options too. Or of course I could stick to the mainland and target the highland specials and hit the coast for any seabirds off the mainland coast. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or can point me in the direction of any informative websites/books as to where I'd be most likely to get the best array of exciting birds (a subjective phrase I know but I'm thinking anything scarce or anything you'll struggle to get in England - Black Guillemot is always a bird I've fancied seeing for a long time now)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back