• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sods Law !!!!! (1 Viewer)

George Garner

Hi Everyone,
Looking up my garden this morning, I saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker, insect hunting on an old concrete line post.
Dived for the stills camera, Batteries flat, rapidly changed the batteries second set also flat, Grrrrr plan B, got mini cam out, disc needed unfinalizing, changed mode to stills, while all this was going on a (beep beep) Blackbird frightened him off. Result no pics.
I know I should be better prepared, but I thought I was, with a second set of rechargeables charged (I thought), and as this is a first for my grden list it has left me a wee bit miffed.
George

Hi George.
It won't be the slightest consolation to you I know, but I'm sure that most of us have been there at one time or another; I know I have.
The other day my camera batteries were charged, but I couldn't recall where in the house I'd left it. I looked out of the window and saw a Coal Tit visiting a feeder - my first for many years. As they do; it was in and out like lightening. I watched it do it twice then decided on a photo. When I located the camera I went back just in time to see it leave again. Camera on and poised, I waited for about 10 minutes, but no show. The same result as you, but for different reasons. BAH!!

All the best.
Baz.

Hi George

Yes, that is the classic thing that happen on occasions. Batteries are the worst. When they lose the charge and slow down the speed that is annoying too. ;)

You think that you are prepared, and something occurs to prevent you from getting what you want.

I had that problem with my camera on holiday. I was fiddling about with my sunglasses for too long, and the time I aimed the camera at the subject, it had long gone.

I hope the GS Woodpecker returns again so have that second chance to photo him. ;)

Regards
Kathy

Hi george
Just console yourself i went to my local patch one hours drive get there nice steady walk round the pond mallards /tufted duck/ think i will grab a few pic's camera up click click nothing so back to car for cuppa and see if i can fix said camera, after a lot temper swearing guess what i forgot to take my battery of charge and low &behold the camera battery chamber was empty, if that don't make you feel beter nothing will. reguards

It's not the end of the world George...some of us have been known to go out with a completely empty camera bag in the car while the cameras were on the kitchen table......

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back