• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can newbies add their photos to the opus? (1 Viewer)

Daddylion

The Daddy Lion
I'm still relatively new to the forums beyond the Bird ID Q&A, and for quite some time I've had some pictures I thought I could upload to the opus. But of course, I'm afraid I might single handedly destroy the opus, so I wanted some help. So:

1) Are newbies alowed to edit the opus?
2) If so, how exactly would I load up a picture?
3) What are some cautions I should follow so I don't mess up previous pictures?

I'm only asking this because I'm afraid I'll mess up and ruin this wonderful resource. Thanks!

Cheers,

Hi Daddylion

First off any member is more than welcome to add information to Opus - there are many articles with just the basic information on them.

For more information on that, have a look at this article Editing Help.

Now to the pictures:

See here:

Sooo... if there's no picture on the article go ahead and add it (remember to delete the Missing Images category at the bottom).

If there is a picture but it's of poor quality and yours is better you could swap them out (you could always check in the Discussion Forum if you're not sure)

If there's a picture of, say, a male and yours is a female, juvenile, flying, subspecies etc it would be welcome too. Reduce the size to 350px.

If you do add one - where it says PERSON WHO TOOK IT, insert {{user|Daddylion|Daddylion}}, (that provides a link to your Profile), just copy & paste it in.

And don't worry... you can't 'break' Opus, changes can always be rolled back. If you're unsure of anything ask in the Discussion Forum, or PM an Editor.

D

So you're saying that if I have a photo that's of better quality than the main photo, I can replace it and that's alright?

Best,

So you're saying that if I have a photo that's of better quality than the main photo, I can replace it and that's alright?

Best,

Obviously it's a rather subjective area, so editors keep an eye on any changes. A photo that is appealing isn't always the best, as Opus articles are mainly about showing the bird from an identification viewpoint, a 'great photo' may not be as informative about the bird as a photo that may not be of the highest photographic quality.
cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back