• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cant decide between Nikon Monarch 5 8x or 10x (1 Viewer)

I find that they are now my preferred binocular for woodland as the wider fov and agility in use due to their ultra light weight means I miss fewer warblers and the like. My record of goldcrest sightings has suddenly gone up, I am sure more to do with the new binoculars than a coincidence of a sudden influx. They really are a delight to use and as mentioned before, for me at least, a bargain at the price point and emphatically fit for my purpose. I can only conclude that the earlier problems have been fixed. For the record the serial number of mine is 0006663.

Barrie

Now that is evidence that can't be disputed. Lab data and reviews by aficionados are one thing but when your own sightings or IDs have gone up in the same areas, then that is (in my mind) proof.

One thing I should have added - I found that carefully setting the IPD right was what might be described as a 'critical success factor' - it made all the difference, as others have mentioned elsewhere

Barrie

I would certainly agree. I have found that with the 8x30 M7, eye placement (which includes a proper IPD setting) is critical -- moreso than most others I've ever used. If the eye isn't in the right place, glare and other issues appear. It seems that one has to pay attention a little bit more when using these.

For me, that is not a problem, as I enjoy it's other attributes such as light weight, bright and wide view, etc.....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back