• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An afternoon's birding in Dubai (1 Viewer)

Charlie M

Hi All,

I was in Dubai two weeks ago and found myself in the middle of a good fall.
I spent an afternoon (wish it was longer) in Dubai's city-centre Safa Park and was stunned by the number of birds - 40 Hoopoes, 40 Red-backed Shrike (+ Lesser Grey and Masked), Golden Oriole, Indian Roller, an interesting range of warblers (including good views of both acredula and yakutensis Willow Warblers and a fuscus Eastern Reed) and some familiar "UK" migrants like Tree Pipits, Redstarts, Spotted Flycatchers, and Whinchats.

I've posted a report (yeah, I'm a little slow sometimes) on my blog with a range of photos at http://www.charliesbirdblog.com/~charlie/DXB10may05/DXB10may05.html

Hope you find it interesting!

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back