• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird fan from South America (1 Viewer)

AlfredoArbe

I´ve recently joined this forum,as a humm fan I will help anyone who wants to know more about south american humms but I have a lot of questions about northern ones!!
Long live hummingbirds! true nature special FX!!

regards

Alfredo Arbe
Uruguay

Hello Alfredo,

You will definitely find hummingbird fans here. There is a section specifically for them. I'm sure many will be interested in South American Hummers. Welcome to the flock.

Peregrinator

Hi, Alfredo! I see this is your first post, so a warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

Looking forward to hearing more about these wonderful little birds from your part of the world. :t:

Hola Alfredo

What have you got down there? I'm in Colombia and have counted twenty hummer species visiting my yard. I'd like to learn about Ureguay birding.

Pitter said:
What have you got down there? I'm in Colombia and have counted twenty hummer species visiting my yard. I'd like to learn about Ureguay birding.

You are incredible lucky tol have so much hummers there!!.
Here we have seven species an three are migratory.
The species in my area are
Leucocholoris albicollis
Chlorostilbon auereoventris
Melanotrochylus fuscus
and Hilochlaris ruficollis?
I Would like a pic of teir colleagues in your yard!!
My favorites are Chlorostilbon aureoventris and Melanotrochilus (picaflor negro)
I´m now having a nest just under a straw roof in my garden,this female comes every year from Brazil ( since 2002) and have already breed four,She has now two eggs and they will be the lastas for this year I guess...
This year we jave rescued one of her "sons" that had no enogh space in the nest because his brother was too big!!.
It was a happy ending Story because they left succsesfully the "human" improvised nest few days later.

regards
¡vivan los picaflores!! efectos especiales de la naturaleza
Alfredo

Please e mail to: [email protected]
Thgere I have 2 Gb and its enough to any pic pic

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back