• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Minor and a Dark Arches? ID please (1 Viewer)

Scholekster

Today I had some really spectacular moths for my 3rd night of trapping - a Green Carpet, an Elephant Hawkmoth, a Peppered carbonaria, and a Buff Tip. Only 2 remain to be indentified - see pics.
The 2nd photograph could be a Minor - but which? I know some can only be identified by examining genitalia, but it might be more straightforward, or it might not be a Minor. The other is worn, possibly a Dark Arches, or something else? Measurements are in mm.
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Clive

Attachments

• DSCN4926_worn poss Dark Arches.jpg
    DSCN4926_worn poss Dark Arches.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN4949_poss Minor.jpg
    DSCN4949_poss Minor.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thanks, Mike. A neighbouring County recorder decided the other was a Dark Arches, and as you rightly state a Marbled minor agg.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back