• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zoom for TSN3?? (1 Viewer)

Rob Smallwood said:
Can't tell you how good the zoom is for digiscoping, but if you are interested in one I am selling one on eBay at present.
The old zoom was pretty good for digiscoping (but it was pretty grim vs the new version above 30x), here's three very old shots I found on my hard drive taken with a TSN4+ old 20-60x. Even the old zoom (for tsn1/2/3/4/) had two versions to my knowledge.

Attachments

• prettygreenkowa.jpg
    prettygreenkowa.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 315
  • ful43kowa.jpg
    ful43kowa.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 307
  • robinlrkowa.jpg
    robinlrkowa.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 301
Hi Andy
Well the piccies are not grim!! But what camera were you using and how did you attach it to the scope, if you can remember that is. By the way do you store all your photos on the hard drive and never delete them? Do you print off or put them on a cd?

Robert L Jarvis said:
Hi Andy
Well the piccies are not grim!! But what camera were you using and how did you attach it to the scope, if you can remember that is. By the way do you store all your photos on the hard drive and never delete them? Do you print off or put them on a cd?
Hi Robert,
The camera was the Nikon cp990 attached to the eyepiece by the original London Camera Exchange adapter (may have been a prototype made by Trevor Codlin at Winchester L.C.E.)

If my images are not deleted thru lack of quality for printing (which is my main purpose of taking photos), they are archived on to cd....in fact two cd's to be on the safe side. I wouldn't sleep at night if I had my photos stored solely on my hard drive.

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back