• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscope adapter for ED82a with 25 - 75x zoom (1 Viewer)

J@se

Hi all,

Just wondering, does anyone take record shots with their phone attached to the 25-75x zoom on the scope? My only eyepiece is the zoom, I do a fair amount of sea-watching and often utilise a lot of if not full zoom, and I do like the zoom option wherever I find myself, so getting a DS eyepiece isn’t greatly appealing. I get situations where a photo would be very useful and end up trying to hand hold my iPhone camera to the eyepiece, perched Stonechat no problem, soaring raptor or rapidly disappearing Diver not so straightforward! So is there a phone adapter I can leave fixed on my iPhone for use in conjunction with the 25-75x zoom eyepiece which people have used with good results?

Cheers

This one is fantastic, and fits any scope due to its wide operational parameters, and any camera. Highly recommended, but I'll save you from being subjected to my phones...

This one is fantastic, and fits any scope due to its wide operational parameters, and any camera. Highly recommended, but I'll save you from being subjected to my phones...
Brilliant thanks dw I wasn’t aware of this one. Feel free to subject us to photos! Cheers

20231029_120457.jpg
My phone is the weak link currently - a cheap samsung. Not too bad if you dont zoom in to far, but pixelated quickly when you do. Can't fault the adapter (or my Swarovski either!).

View attachment 1545481
My phone is the weak link currently - a cheap samsung. Not too bad if you dont zoom in to far, but pixelated quickly when you do. Can't fault the adapter (or my Swarovski either!).
I’m not sure which subject I prefer, the Little Owl or the gnarly old tree it’s in! Thanks again for info much appreciated, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back