• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens coat for Sigma 150-500 (1 Viewer)

TonyBee

Any one know where i can purchase a lens coat for the 150-500 sigma, I can see them at warehouse express but thought they were quite exspensive, having said that it might have to be....

Any other decent outlets.
Thanks

Any one know where i can purchase a lens coat for the 150-500 sigma, I can see them at warehouse express but thought they were quite exspensive, having said that it might have to be....

Any other decent outlets.
Thanks

Have you tried ebay?

Hi Tony

I bought one of the Stealthwildlife covers prior to going on a pelagic trip this autumn. Plenty of room to get your hand under the cover for zooming and switching modes. If anything there is a little too much room and the cover moves around rather too much for my liking. Ought to qualify that I was carrying the camera/lens over my shoulder so they hang upside down and I can swing up quickly for taking photos. I think if you were using the lens mounted on a tripod it would probably work much better.

Any way up shot is that it's good value for the price and works reasonably well at keeping the worst of weather and spray of the lens and camera. I'm also thinking of changing the plastic hoop which keeps the camera end of the cover open to a draw cord to help cut down movement.

cheers

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back