• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic DMC TZ20EB-K best price (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
I am looking to buy the Panasonic DMC TZ20EB-K for my coming holidays, I like everything this camera has GPS touchscreen zoom in movie mode panorama assist 16 times zoom 21 in digital zoom I looked at it in J Lewis nice compact camera for the pocket, but their price £330, best price I have found in the last two days is £279 delivered form Amazon Sun Digital anyone dealt with them, or anyone seen better price.

Cheers

Found it on ebay at £243 delivered, now winging its way to me.
Got a 32MB class 10 sandisk for £56 saved loads of £'s

Terry, I was going to suggest that you wait for the recently-announced Sony HX9V to drop in price as an alternative to the TZ20, but as you've already sent for one I hope you find the touch-screen works OK and hopefully you'll be able to turn it off and use the normal buttons only when necessary!

I'm speaking from experience here - I bought my wife a compact with touch-screen last year (not a Panasonic) and it's a complete pain in the whatsit! It's almost impossible not to accidentally touch the screen when you don't want to at some stage (i.e. every time you switch it on!) and it's usually when you're outside in bright light so not only do you not always notice that you've touched something, because you can't see the screen all that well, you can't tell what it is you've touched so you don't know what action to take to get it back to where you want it!

Let us know how you get on with it, it certainly looks a well-specified camera to take anywhere.

Adey, I had a look at the Sony HX9V a nice compact as well, but let down by two points as you said new/out and the price still strong, and the movie I think did not have zoom in movie mode like the Panasonic, My last compact that has served me well was the Sony DSC N2 that had a touch screen and I did not have a problem with it.

Lets hope I do like it, I gave it at least 3 days before I decided, looking at all the specs.

Terry, I was going to suggest that you wait for the recently-announced Sony HX9V to drop in price as an alternative to the TZ20, but as you've already sent for one I hope you find the touch-screen works OK and hopefully you'll be able to turn it off and use the normal buttons only when necessary!

I'm speaking from experience here - I bought my wife a compact with touch-screen last year (not a Panasonic) and it's a complete pain in the whatsit! It's almost impossible not to accidentally touch the screen when you don't want to at some stage (i.e. every time you switch it on!) and it's usually when you're outside in bright light so not only do you not always notice that you've touched something, because you can't see the screen all that well, you can't tell what it is you've touched so you don't know what action to take to get it back to where you want it!

Let us know how you get on with it, it certainly looks a well-specified camera to take anywhere.

I have not taken many images with this camera yet , but I was impressed with this one.

Attachments

• chaser1.jpg
    chaser1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 77
yes, that's really good - and depth of field is much less of a problem with the relatively short focal lengths on a compact. With a DSLR it would have been difficult to get it all-over sharp at this angle

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back