• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackbird egg! (1 Viewer)

KenM

Found the shell of a Blackbird’s egg outside my back door this am, believe this to be somewhat early for these parts NEast London. :eek!:

As a lad when the baby boomers were abroad in the local woods, the competition was to see who could find the first “Songies” nest from early March onwards, however “Blackies” were’nt normally found on eggs till late March/early April if memory serves....4-5 weeks early at least....things must be hotting-up. :eek!:

As a lad when the baby boomers were abroad in the local woods, the competition was to see who could find the first “Songies” nest from early March onwards, however “Blackies” were’nt normally found on eggs till late March/early April if memory serves....4-5 weeks early at least....things must be hotting-up. :eek!:

Ken, I don't have the details to hand, but I'm sure there's the odd record of Blackbirds being found nesting in mid-winter. One female sitting behind shop front fascia surrounded by Christmas lighting in Ireland ten years ago springs to mind!

Ken, I don't have the details to hand, but I'm sure there's the odd record of Blackbirds being found nesting in mid-winter. One female sitting behind shop front fascia surrounded by Christmas lighting in Ireland ten years ago springs to mind!

Brought back fond memories Graham, of risking life and limb up and down trees, with a mattress of Hawthorn and Bramble beneath....a-a-a-h those were the days! Back to subject, yes I’m sure there are early records, seem to recollect a picture of a Song Thrush sitting in a nest between the orange and the red of a traffic signal a few years back in the DT, and that too was unseasonally early.

Cheers

seem to recollect a picture of a Song Thrush sitting in a nest between the orange and the red of a traffic signal a few years back in the DT, and that too was unseasonally early.

Cheers

Yeah i've a faint tickle about that one in the back of my mind too, now you come to mention it. But I can't for the life of me remember what you mean by DT! Is it perhaps: "... in the Doctor's Tardis...?"

Yeah i've a faint tickle about that one in the back of my mind too, now you come to mention it. But I can't for the life of me remember what you mean by DT! Is it perhaps: "... in the Doctor's Tardis...?"

Daily Telegraph :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back