• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta and hunting policy (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
One down a few more to go

So get rid of Mr Vella as well "possession of a shotgun and cartridges in a protected zone" "which the FKNK considers as unacceptable and strongly condemns." Oh my double standards then Lino

FKNK Membership Cancelled

The Federation for Hunting & Conservation – Malta (FKNK), on the recommendation of its Disciplinary Board, has cancelled the membership of Mr. Christian Gauci, of Mellieha. Mr. Gauci was earlier this week convicted in Court of having been in possession of a shotgun and cartridges in a protected zone, other hunting related illegalities and relapsing. The Board’s recommendation was based on the seriousness of these acts, which the FKNK considers as unacceptable and strongly condemns.

A person cannot have his/her hunting licence renewed unless he/she is a member of the FKNK.

The Commissioner of Police is being informed accordingly.

Lino Farrugia

Secretary General

Last edited:
Letter to Malta

Good afternoon all,

I've been following this thread silently, but thought I'd share my latest blog...

I wrote a 'letter to Malta' today. For full details see my blog.

I will be updating in the event of any responses.

Cheers,

Jonny

Lino's Latest mytherings

With World press now getting involved and reporting the shameful acts in Malta, Lino has sent out another of his pathetic emails !

27 April 2013

Hunting and the MHRA

The Malta Hotels and Restaurants Association (MHRA) is reportedly concerned about a possible “negative economic effect” of hunting. The MHRA fouled up once when one prominent member was photographed wearing the infamous T-shirt “Stop illegal spring hunting”. This time, the MHRA has messed up again, fooled no doubt by the abolitionist lobby.

What is damaging ecological tourism to Malta is not the hunting, but the “hype” around it: “Hunting publicity harming islands’ ecological tourism” (April 23)”. It is not the Federation for Hunting & Conservation – Malta (FKNK) nor the St. Hubert Hunters (KSU) that say so, but Merill Ltd., the only local licensed company engaged in eco-tourism, which works ‘hands-on’ with the countryside stakeholders, i.e. the hunters and the farmers.

Recently, there were only 3 violations of a bird reserve. Nevertheless, an unholy fuss was created involving a BBC film crew, plus at least 17 news reports in Malta’s leading newspaper. There are 9,600 licensed to hunt in April, and 3 poachers make up only 0.03%. This is proof enough that the whole issue is being dramatically sensationalized by fanatics, aided by foreign abolitionists. As regards the MHRA’s appeal to NGOs “to ensure that the Government takes the necessary steps” to eradicate hunting abuses, the FKNK as the largest NGO would like to assure the association that we co-operate fully with the Government towards that objective.

Finally, since tourism forecasts for 2013 predict a record year, the MHRA should not be unduly concerned. Nevertheless, the MHRA may wish to note that we would gladly participate in any seminar or forum it might organize to study the phenomenon of anti-hunting agitation and sensationalism and their possible effects on tourism.

Lino Farrugia / David Borg Cardona

Secretary General / Secretary

FKNK / KSU

Lino believes only his views are applicable

Slanderous accusations of Italian MEP Andrea ZANONI

The Italian anti-hunting fanatic Mr. Andrea ZANONI MEP, chairman of the LAC (League for the Abolition of Hunting) is an absolute liar and a fundamentalist!

We refer to the YouTube video published on 14th May 2013 in which Mr. ZANONI is shown denouncing the government of Malta and the Maltese hunters to the Petitions Committee of the European Parliament. We absolutely refute Mr. ZANONI’s accusations as completely false and declare the anti-hunting extremist Mr. ZANONI to be a total fake.

Among other things, he asserted that the spring-hunting quota of birds was reached within the first “two or three hours of the first day of hunting” and that the licensed hunters shot at all the birds, even the protected ones. These claims are pure calumny.

Just as shameful is his assertion that the Maltese Government is taking the EU Parliament, the EU Commission for the Environment and the “whole of Europe” for a ride (“prende in giro”). We trust that the Malta Government will take action as necessary to voice its strong protest against these unfounded lies. We also hope that ALL Malta’s MEPs will express their concern about Mr. ZANONI in the European Parliament.

cc: The European Commission for the Environment

The European Parliament

Petitions Committee European Parliament

Lino Farrugia
David Borg Cardona
Secretary General
Secretary
FKNK
KSU

Lino seems to be sweating a bit, now. I'm glad the calumny's pure - wouldn't want any other kind...:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back