• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young birders out there! (1 Viewer)

AdamT

Amateur Photographer
Hi to all you young birders out there, I am from England.
Any other young birders out there? :eat:

Hi Adam,

And welcome to Bird Forum. I still like to think of myself as young, but might be a bit older than you had in mind. There are a number of people your age about this place though, so you should meet up with them pretty soon.

I was just taking a look at your gallery and it's great! So many photos, i'm still looking through them. I like the Green Heron in particular.

Hi Adam,

You've obviously got quite a few posts to your name but I don’t ever remember you getting an "official" welcome.
So… on behalf of all the Moderators and Admin Staff, let me bid you a warm WELCOME to BirdForum.

Sad to say, birding is not too popular a hobby with the young folks, at least not in the UK it seems, but we do have a membership that covers all age ranges and abilities… (including some of us who like to think we are still "young") but nevertheless, we are careful not to encourage any of our younger members to give up too many details.

Hi,Adam welcome to BF.It is good to have some young life around here.Thankyou for joining us .I do mention this Forum to the very few young people I meet in the bird hide.There are quite a few,and they do amaze me with their knowledge.It is good to have you on board.

Hi Adam. It's good to see young people taking an interst. Very glad that you are one of them. Enjoy yourself here. John.

I wonder if you are "young" like I am. I once mentioned I was 30ish and someone complemented me by saying I was young! I suppose I am an oldie to you! Anyway, welcome to BF! :t:

Hi Andrew,
No,according to his profile he was born in 1989!He'd think that I was old,never mind you being a few years older than me!
Harry

Hey Adam!

I'm about a year younger than you! It's great to have another young birder around--too few these days!

I see that you also have some great pictures in the gallery. Keep it up! I've been learning recently myself and find that I really love it!

Have fun!
Michael

Hi Michael,
I have only been birding for about 6 months, and I've just placed as runner up in a local photography contest so I will maintain a strong interest in photography.
Your gallery, Michael, is very impressive! You've seen many birds that I haven't, well done! I'll keep posting my photos and hopefully build up a gallery as big as yours!

You too, have fun! :bounce:

David,if I have already said hello to you,well Hi,again.It is good to know there are some youngsters out there with an interest in Birding.Look forward to reading your posts and comments.
Christine(a Golden Oldie!!!)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back