• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

woke up this morning feeling fine went to peep through the kitchen blind. (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
and what did i find? the best looking female sparrowwhawk i
have seen for along time. those amber eyes that must strike
fear in the avian world, i know they do it to me!!! she was just a
blur of movement then landed on the lawn, and ran along the hawthorn hedge, but nothing to find. she left just as quite as
she arrived. but she still has that WOW factor on me.
so with that start to the day went back to bed for a few hours kip, a very happy birder, bye the way this was 5-30am.
t.t f. n. bert

Worth waking up early for that, Bert!
About a year ago a sparrowhawk perched on our neighbours' trellis for about 5 mins in heavy rain. It was great to be able to study it through a scope. I got some reasonably footage with a camcorder but unfortunately it's analogue, not digital!
Many of the mantle and scapular feathers had white edging--does that mean it was a juvenile?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back