• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spoon-billed Sandpiper in Southern Vietnam (1 Viewer)

birdvietnam

Nguyen Hoai Bao
Good news! Although no more sighting after my record in Can Gio 2011 and Jonathan with Richard in October. We found at leat 4 birds in Go Cong, Tien Giang on a long survey in Dec 2011. http://www.birdwatchingvietnam.net/reports/sbs-newsletterl-7-rev.pdf
Recently we made 2 trips to Go Cong on Nov 29, and Dec 2 2012. We found 2 on the first trip and 1 was photographed http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=513115722061780&set=pb.428543550518998.-2207520000.1354541537&type=3&theater
Hopefully the conservation affort helps this species increase population
Regards
Bao

Last edited:
Hi Bao,

I am planning a holiday in Vietnam in February 2013 with my wife which will not be all birding, unfortunately. Can you recommend any good spots on the tourist trails that I could grab half a day here and there? and maybe any guides that I could contact?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Bao, thanks for linking that very interesting article. Great work!

I'll be in Vietnam the first half of April, perhaps I try to go there. There should still be chances at this time, right?

Best, Florian

Hi Florican,
Last year, they stayed until early April so I think you have a good opportunity! Email me when you plan to visit, I definitely will help you whatever I can

Florican would be nice as well! (My name is Florian ;) )
Ok, I'll definitly consider visiting there, sounds like it's feasbily in a day from Saigon...
Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back