• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Under my Umbrella ella ella.... (1 Viewer)

pie

....was this lovely Scarlet Tiger Moth.

Has anyone else had some nice rainy day visitors?

Attachments

• DSC_0074.JPG
    DSC_0074.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0080.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 37
....was this lovely Scarlet Tiger Moth.

Has anyone else had some nice rainy day visitors?

Congratulations Pie, you must be right chuffed LOL

What an amazing little moth. Never seen one myself but would dearly love to, this would make a nice addition to the gallery (moths and butterflies)

Well done:clap:

Matt

I have had a few soggy birds Pie.......certainly not a beautiful moth as yours in the pic!:clap:

Lovely Pie, thanks for the pic!:t:

Oooh what a beauty Pie!
The only rainy visitors we've had are more snails and slugs than usual,still they'll provide some much needed nourishment for the Blackies and Thrush won't they?

Hi pie, What a beautiful moth. I've never seen one either or even heard of it. Very well spotted and smashing photos too.

I saw many butterflies in a meadow on Thursday when it was sunny but they were too quick for pics and I didn't have my id book either. Maybe another time, if the sun ever reappears.

Hi All,
Matt, Ooo, that's a thought, will take a sneaky peek at the Moth gallery later, thanks Matt.

Pam. Aww, I know what you mean the poor Birds are looking sad & soggy. Bless. Thanks Pam

Ruth. What I'd like to know is why the Birds in my garden are still starving Marvin's despite the abundance of slugs n snails! lol!

Dizzy. I do get the odd Bee when the sun shines, but today all I saw was a pesky wasp! Shoooo! lol!

Tony. I was delighted to see him, I must confess though, I did take advantage of the wind blowing the poor thing to take a pic of its colourful wings.

Kezza. Like you, Ive seen lots of Butterflies gently dancing from flower to flower but never settling down for a photo shoot! Doh!
Fingers crossed we will have some long lazy sunny days when they will rest.

Thank you all for your lovely comments

Oooooooo! Pardon me wile I take a moment to dry the keyboard from the drool! LOL!

Stunning beauty! How lucky you were to photograph it and how lucky WE are that you shared this beauty with us. Thanks Pie!

Lydia

Haha! Hi Mabel & Lydia,
I love that song! could'nt resist using it for a title. Nearly added the ay ay but thought better of it! teehee.
Thanks both

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back