• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Proposed new wind farm directly on a migration route (1 Viewer)

NicoleVG

I hope to call more attention to this proposed wind turbine project, as it has the potential to harm many of our birdy friend, including our endangered Whip-poor-will.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/...html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dcdac1f4bea724f,0

Wow. People need to learn how to choose their wind turbine projects with more common sense.
1 - Do endangered species live there? Oh they do, well don't put it there.
2 - Is it on a migratory route for bird and/or bat species, the biota most affected by these projects? OH, it IS! Well then definitely don't build it there.

Glad to see Gilead Resources has SO MUCH common sense! Let's hope the Natural Resource minister pulls the plug on this project!

Either way, tell me what you think about this project!

I think it is terrible that the gov't would allow such a proposal. I think we all know that corporate greed will outweigh the concern for the endangered species once they have gotten approval.

I agree. I'm not sure what the next step should be to stop this, but once I figure it out, I'll let everyone else know what they can do to try to stop this from being built!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back