• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

whats a good scope (1 Viewer)

steve bloor

steve bloor
Going to buy a scope but not to sure which one to buy want to buy a decent one pay up to £400-£500 went carsington resevoir yesterday and they had some on demo at the bird those were crystal clear buy not sure on the make
thanks steve

steve bloor said:
Going to buy a scope but not to sure which one to buy want to buy a decent one pay up to £400-£500 went carsington resevoir yesterday and they had some on demo at the bird those were crystal clear buy not sure on the make
thanks steve
as with astro scopes [the best one] is the one you use the most , in my case the nikon e d 50a.

Go to more demo's, try more scopes and jot down the model numbers. When you have been to a few demo days you can start to sift through the ones you've tried and come to a decision.
The scope you buy is a personal thing, what is great for one person isn't necessarily great for everybody. Reach your own decision, in your own time and you'll have a scope that you will use for a very long time.
I use a Kowa 823 scope and took a while to make the choice. I tried it at several demo days and finally took the plunge when a good quality second hand one came up.
That was several years ago and when I was talking to a chap from In-Focus, at a demo day at Potteric Carr last year, about maybe trading in for a newer model, the chap told me to stay with the Kowa as I wouldn't notice £1000 of difference with the newer scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back