• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions for a short city trip (1 Viewer)

Keebs

If I fire off enough shots, maybe just one of 'em
I have a work trip in May with a day off in Rio and a day off in Sao Paolo.
Will be most likely staying in a hotel pretty central.

Looking for suggestions for a place for me and my camera to spend a few hours birding, local parks maybe? Nothing too far out of the way and somewhere reasonably safe too.

Cheers :t:

The easiest and most effective way would be for you to hire a local guide. If you want to do it on your own I suggest the Botanical Garden in Rio (Jardim Botânico) which is easily accessible. In Sao Paulo access to good parks is more difficult. The Botanical Garden is not nearly as good for birding as the one in Rio and is not as easily reachable. On weekends it is possible to visit Cantareira State Park (Parque Estadual da Serra da Cantareira) with an entrance at the end of Rua do Horto, in the Horto Florestal neighborhood in the north part of the city. The Horto Florestal, a kind of botanical garden is adjacent but not as good as the park itself which can be very good. Park opens at 8:30am Saturdays and Sundays only.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back