• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help with bird feeders (1 Viewer)

hey im new to bird watchin and one thing i used to really enjoy was watchin birds in my garden but ive run into a bit of a problem.
Ive recently moved into flats and the closest we have 2 a garden is a well used car park.
I was wonderin if any one had an tips or ideas on how to feed birds there without them bein disturbed

Hi Lobs,

Are there any trees you can hang a feeder up in? - if you can borrow a ladder, put it up about 3 or 4 metres off the ground, so that people can't reach it.

Michael

Hi again Lob

We have a feeder on the window, to supply mealworms to the robins and bluetits. You can see a pic (taken from the catalogue) on our website, 24th April 2003. Then a couple of our own photos on May 2nd, and lots on May5th, parts 2 and 3. It is very successful, and was used within a few hours of putting it there - but we have quite a few birds here, and they were used to coming to the windowsill to collect mealworms. I should think it would be worth a try, though it might take a while before it is discovered.

My brain wasn't in gear when I wrote the above - it has only just occurred to me that I can add a pic here!!! :eek!:

Attachments

• forumbtrob.jpg
    forumbtrob.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
digi-birder said:

No - GRANNY - so I can do anything I fancy now! I must bring my little book by Jenny Joseph - "Warning - When I am an old woman I shall wear purple". It's great - I could add a few suggestions, but they are too rude!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back