• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor, Central Florida, USA (1 Viewer)

rjackb

I know that it's probably impossible to tell from such a poor photo but does anyone have any idea what kind of raptor this is? I assume that it is an accipiter.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 195
Agree on RSH. The long wings, almost reaching the tip of the tail, are a good clue it's not an accipiter.

Best,
Jim

Notice the horizontal lines on the tail, ending in a white fringe at the bottom of the tail? Your hawk also has it.
Yeah, I should've got this one. It's not the first time I've posted an immature RSH either. What can I say other than that I was in a hurry when posting it and I suck when it comes to raptors. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back