• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brahminy Kite / Juvenile - Bangkok earlier this morning (2 Viewers)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

Just back home from the mangroves in Bang Pu, Bangkok.

I have seen many Brahminy Kites in Thailand and they are easy to ID. Never seen any here in Bang Pu.

But this bird, I can only ID the bird as a juvenile. I was busy with hundreds of gulls and terns when I saw the bird approach. I had not any raptors in mind but I looked up in the sky thinking maybe a crow.

The bird came close and it was a raptor, but by the time I had my camera ready for sky pictures the bird had passed and I only got a picture from behind.

So the picture leaves a lot to wish for. But is here anyone agree with me that it is a juvenile Brahminy Kite?

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 22
Certainly looks like brahminy kite
Thank you!

Yes, I am 99.9% sure, just that it was brown so must be a juvenile. Otherwise they are very easy with the with head and neck.

Highly appreciated!

Kind Regards and Happy Birding!
Aladdin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back