• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best squirrel trap?? (1 Viewer)

Just came back to update that within 10 minutes of setting the trap, we caught our first squirrel!! Thanks to everyone for your solid help with this matter :) Trap worked fine right out of the box.

Apparently, it is not illegal to take a grey squirrel if they are damaging my property... which they absolutely *are*. I have plenty of photos and pieces of my roof I've collected to provide evidence of this fact. I don't need a permit, per the link provided by the prior poster.

It isn't illegal to take them if they are damaging your property. It is illegal to release them anywhere other than on the property where it was captured..

Last edited:
Just came back to update that within 10 minutes of setting the trap, we caught our first squirrel!! Thanks to everyone for your solid help with this matter :) Trap worked fine right out of the box.

Apparently, it is not illegal to take a grey squirrel if they are damaging my property... which they absolutely *are*. I have plenty of photos and pieces of my roof I've collected to provide evidence of this fact. I don't need a permit, per the link provided by the prior poster.

Glad its working out for you! I love the quick set traps they make. They are very easy to use for people that have never owned a trap before :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back