• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

north east england (1 Viewer)

Hello there

skywatcher1 said:
hello there,
is there any birders from the north east of england out there, would love to exchange news and views etc.
cheers

Hi Skywatcher 1 !!!
There is a very enthusiastic group in the north-east - extending as far south as folk would like to be included!!

Have a look at these threads:

North-east BF Bash St Mary's Island,
Gateshead Birding,
Durham Birding,
Northumbrian Birding

Ian Forrester would be a contact if you have any forum Questions.

and, mainly because I am a Volunteer with the Northern Kites Project, you might like to have a browse through the thread Birds of Prey - Red Kites Stop Press, which gives the up-to-date details of this year's release of 41 red kites into the Derwent Valley. There have been reports of a kite in your area too, which is exciting.

Hi skywatcher1,

Welcome to Birdforum.

I am just a couple of miles up the road. The NE of England is on of the best represented areas on BF. We are lucky to live on the doorstep of the RSPBs next big project and of course the area is already known for the wide variety of birds around Port Clarence area.

hello, welcome to bird forum! - there are millions of members from the north east here.......well not quite, but there are plenty!

Hello Skywatcher1. I am not too long here myself. I need to get more active. Seen any swifts lately whilst watching th skys? I fear they have left us for 2005 already - by at least a week or two.

Hi skywatcher1,

Welcome aboard from another near neighbour :t:

A shame you didn't join a couple of days ago as you could have come on the Roseate Tern getogether at Hauxley/St. Mary's Island yesterday.

Not to worry we'll likely be having a couple more in he region this year at maybe Derwentside for the Northern Kites/Derwentside birds and down Billingham/Saltholme Ponds and possibly Low Barns in County Durham Dec/Jan.

Last edited:
Hello Skywatcher and welcome to Bird Forum from another NE member :bounce:

As you'll soon notice there ARE dozens of us from the area on here.......taking over some evenings! ;)

Kesterel - the Swifts seem to have left us already up here in Northumberland. *sob* I work in Alnwick and had my last ones on Friday 19th August. Haven't seen or heard any since - though the Swallows and House Martins are still in abundance. :bounce:

Gill

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back