• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just made a new bird feeder! (1 Viewer)

I just made a new bird feeder and put it up in the backyard! its red and has a red bowl over it to help keep the squirrels off. although i dont think it will so i put some Fire Mix squirrel away stuff in the food. mixed it up as it said so i hope that it will work! *crosses fingers* :p I might put a pic up if someone requests one. i have to go to sleep now though so if someone does request one i will put it up tomorrow. i got it hanging up on a shepherds hook right outside my back kitchen window so i can see it from the table. Its made from a juice bottle and red duct tape hanging from a hemp cord. I doubt the duct tape will hold up in the weather but thats just one more reason to keep the red bowl that hangs above it i guess.

we still have the other ones we bought out front and no birds are still coming to them anymore. i dont know what happened. im hoping that this new one i made will change that. if it doesnt i might just move those ones in back too.

Hoping to get a nice camera soon and then i will take pictures of the different birds that come to the feeder. cant wait! if i said that around my friends they would think im weird. lol

I would love to see some of your bird feeders made from recycled stuff! Post pics! :t:

Hi there!

I found a kit in a shop which enables you to turn any plastic bottle in a bird feeder: there is a video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7KCSBqDaY

It is quite clever but I have noticed birds seem to pick a lot of the seeds out and throw them, which is good for other birds to feed on the ground I suppose but I was suprised by how quickly they seem to go through a 1 ltr bottle full of seeds!!!

David

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back