• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa iPhone 4S adapter! (1 Viewer)

Bought one six months ago for my iPhone and thought it was great. After three months the plastic began to disintegrate. After 6 months totally falling apart.

Bought one six months ago for my iPhone and thought it was great. After three months the plastic began to disintegrate. After 6 months totally falling apart.

I'd take it back where you purchased it, can't imagine why the material would disintegrate.

Peddler

I hope you dont mind but i have made a few enquires for you -

Here are details of Kowa in the USA

Toll free number 800-966-5692

Address

Kowa Optimed Inc.

20001 S. Vermont Avenue

Torrance, CA 90502

I have spoken with them today and they are waiting for you to call them as you need to get a RA number for them to start the proceedings to help you ;)

Let us know how you get on?

Regards

Paul

Optics & Digiscoping Consultant, Kowa UK

No DEET, no abuse, I did not take the iPhone 4S in and out of the case as I felt that might be stressful on the case. I left it in the case, carried it in my pocket. No idea why piece by piece it began to fall apart from the bottom. I bought it from Eagle Optics and was planning to contact them, but I've been traveling a lot the past two months.

I will contact Kowa with the phone number you provided. Thanks Paul.

Update on my experience w/ Kowa regarding flimsy iPhone case: As Paul suggested I called Kowa USA to get RMA number and promptly mailed defective product. Ten days later I received a credit memo stating replacing defective with new. That was April 19. This morning, May 14, I called Kowa to see when they were planning to ship my replacement. I was told somebody would call me back. Still waiting for phone call and/or replacement. Not very impressed so far.

Update on my experience w/ Kowa regarding flimsy iPhone case: As Paul suggested I called Kowa USA to get RMA number and promptly mailed defective product. Ten days later I received a credit memo stating replacing defective with new. That was April 19. This morning, May 14, I called Kowa to see when they were planning to ship my replacement. I was told somebody would call me back. Still waiting for phone call and/or replacement. Not very impressed so far.

Please send me a private message on here with your RMA number, name, address and contact number, I will personally deal with this direct for you

Kind Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul. Message sent.

OK just spoke to Customer Service in the US, they are shipping out your adapter today, you may also get a phone call as well !

I do not know the reason for the delay but on behalf of the company I can only apologise for this.

Please let us know when you receive it ?

Regards

Paul

Wow. I am impressed with Paul's ability to get things done. Within an hour of sending the information I had a phone call from Kowa service telling me the adapter is being sent today.

Thanks Paul.

The adapter case showed up yesterday. Now does anybody know if Kowa makes a compatible screw-on EP adapter that will fit the the Swaro ATX ?

Paul (Hackett) demo'd the adapter for me and it was excellent. Must point out it is not just a matter of the adapter but get the software as well so exposure and focus can be fiddled with.

Just got an iPhone 4s....looking forward to digiscoping with it!

Can anybody tell me......
What the software mentioned above is?
Any adaptor to fit my Zeiss 7x42s?
Any iPhone digiscoping hints and tips?

Cheers

Dave

Can you use the headphones as remote shutter release with the Kowa phot app? Does anyone know if there's a chance to update the app with this feature if not?

You can use the remote volume control "+" on the headphone to take photos with the ordinary photo app in the iphone with the later versions of IOS and also with app "645 PRO MARK II".

The good thing with 645 PRO MARK II is that you can save photos in TIFF if you like. The bad thing is you can´t save multiple "prerecorded" settings, like white balance, like you can with the kowa app, to use one setting for sunny day, cloudy day etc when digiscoping.

Anders

Hi all. Just joined, so apologies if this thread is closed.

Not for the first time I find myself 2 years behind everybody else, and I've only just discovered the Kowa iPhone 4s adapter. First question is can anyone tell me whether this would be compatible with a Swarovski ATS65 with a 20-60 eyepiece?
If it does, Iphone is not on contract so I plan to keep it for a year or so anyway, and I'm guessing that even when I upgrade I could still use the camera function with the Kowa/Swarovski for a bit longer. The gamble would be that the iPhone 4s with the Kowa adapter has a limited shelf life, but it might be a cost effective way of dipping my toe into the digiscoping water, and justify forking out for the Swarovski DSLR adapter in a couple of years.

If any of you can see a fatal flaw in my thinking I would be very grateful if you could point it out.

Best wishes

Graham

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back