• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bought new KOWA PROMINAR 500mm F5.6FL (1 Viewer)

Sorry for my poor English, but with the help of Google, I hope you can understand what I mean.

I was lucky enough to buy the kowa prominar 500mm F5.6lf three months ago. I haven’t seen any articles about it in the forum for a long time. Don’t you all like this lens? I like its imaging very much. I usually use the 500mm direct focus to shoot birds. Apart from manual focus, there are almost no shortcomings. The main reason is that its low price has high cost performance. The photos taken are no better than the 500mm fixed focus. It is inferior. Observation with TP-88EC1 and TE-11WZ II eyepieces has surpassed the optical capabilities of 884. I have attached a few sets of photos to share with you.
kowa prominar 500mm F5.6lf+canon D80View attachment _MG_0937-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG

I'm not good at posting pictures yet, please forgive me.

Attachments

• _MG_1008-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG
    _MG_1008-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • _MG_2579-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG
    _MG_2579-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 33
  • _MG_2606-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg
    _MG_2606-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 32
  • _MG_2636-DeNoiseAI-clear.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 4