• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what sunbird female is this (1 Viewer)

Hillevandam

This photo was taken from my front porch in Kwidadu in the east of Sierra Leone w.Africa on 29 Dec.
Female sunbirds are definitely not my expertise, for some species the males already give me a hard time.
I had my house built without a basement, I thought! Day before yesterday I found out that I have a small basement and it has a whole family living there!
I saw a grey headed kingfisher make a dive at the concrete side of the ramp leading to my garage. The contractor had done such a bad job that the bird managed to make a nest pipe straight through it. I could hear the young birds inside.;);)

Attachments

• PC280024ed.jpg
    PC280024ed.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 23
thanx

Thanks guys. It is a brown sunbird. We are here near the distribution boundary and I just forgot that they are here. Wonder why they call it mangrove sunbird as it is definitely not bound to mangrove The only mangrove swamps are over 200km away.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back