• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Broken Coolpix 4500? (1 Viewer)

Mugil

Yesterday my friend did a terrible mistake. He changed flash memmory card when camera was on. And now he can not use any of flash cards at all. Does anybody know what could hapened in camera? If it is possible to correct the problem or the CP 4500 is broken or out?

Last edited:
Send an email to Nikon - they will know for sure but I'm surprised it mattered at all - I'm sure I've done the same with my Fuji with no problems occurring (I won't experiment now though after reading your friend's experience!).

By the way, if the camera is insured, I am sure this would cover the cost of repairing the accidental damage caused.

I did it too, but only once. I got a shock when mine stopped working - just went dead. Fortunately switching it off, taking the batteries out for a couple of hours (overnight) and then fingers crossed and switching on again, holding my breath and it worked - thank goodness. The Olympus cameras sometimes need that to be done too.
No guarantee it will work, but it did for me.

I am sure i've done this several times on my 4500 and not had any problems,will make shure i turn it off in future.

I forgot to mentioned that the change of card has been done outdoor while digiscoping with the temperature of minus 4 degrees C. The normal operation range is between 0 and 40 degrees C for Coolpix. How to digiscope in such conditions or even lower temperatures? Covering the camera with warm clothes??

You sure must be tough ,Mugil,digi scoping in minus 4,didn't your lenses mist over?.
Christine.
It is going to be that here within the next few days!!

Yesterday I looked into the friends camera and I realize that 2 of card switches were broken. So this is the reason of camera out... shaking hands maybe...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back