• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding from the Bus Trip Report - Ecuador Aug 2014 (1 Viewer)

Frozen-in-MN

Finally wrote up a short trip report for the trip planned in this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=274799

Not likely any regulars will go on this trip, but I'm adding this here to document it in case someone else searches for information on the web and will find it here.
The actual report is in the attached Word document.

In short, we had a great time, got to see a lot of Ecuador, got to see a live erupting volcano, and topped it off with a day trip to see some great birds on the western slope too.

The file includes links to Flickr pictures of the trip, as well as eBird checklists.
Thanks to all who helped out in my planning.

Keywords: I'm including these here so future search engines might find this report...
Gate 1 Tour, Cabanas del Lego, Otavalo, Termas de Papallacta, Hacienda Manteles, Hacienda La Cienega, Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve, Alambi Cloud Forest Reserve.

Attachments

• Birding from the Bus - Ecuador Trip Report.docx
    66.4 KB · Views: 84
I would warmly invite you to make an account on cloudbirders and directly upload a .pdf there. It saves a lot of time for the CB team ;-)

Temmie -
I did as you suggested and added several accumulated Trip Reports to the repository.

Thanks for bringing the site to my attention.

Also I've attached the PDF version here - it won't let me download the .doc file above anymore - no idea why or if other people would have the same issue.

Attachments

• Birding from the Bus - Ecuador Trip Report.pdf
    238.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Great to hear, Robin! I can still download your document, so maybe your browser settings or other software issue are preventing you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back