• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox binoculars (1 Viewer)

christopher1

To anyone who knows
Let me get this right.
The main thing about German made optics is that they are
fiendishly expensive. But they have quality.
Now Minox is German but they are assembled in Japan.
Or the Far East, is this correct.
There seems to be a lot of
Swarovski on Ebay emanating from China. I am not dumb enough
to even think of bidding, but it is odd.
It would be good to hear wiser opinions on this subject.

Christopher

It's not only stuff from China you need to look out for - see the Minox 'Rip-off' thread regarding stuff from the Canaries of all places.

It all points up that to be safe you need to buy from a reputable dealer and not get taken in by a seemingly 'too good to miss' offer. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' seems very relevant these days

B

PS

Paskman - see my note re your rubbish bin.

Dont Get Ripped Off

I seen a good add on ebay, it was a Leica 10x42 almost new for £250. this was too good to be true I knew it as you all know it but I decided to find out more. The thing that made me look more was the item location:- London.
emailed the seller who responded very quickly (wonder why) he said he was in London on business and would be sending them from the states, only been used a couple of times so as new he said. Then he said dont pay me, just transfer the money straight into his account & they would be posted same day.
Alarm bells & all that, I didnt reply. he sent two more emails asking if i was interested & sudenly the item vanished off ebay.
I am totally amazed how many fools there are out there who would put money into accounts like this & wonder why they never hear from the crook again.
an example but lucky it was an honest mate, my mate sold a caravan on ebay, the bloke won the auction came to veiw it as arranged & paid a few grand in cash. he said can i pick it up in 6 weeks time as he didnt have anywhere to store it & that was fine. Now if this was anyone of a dodgy nature they would have been off with the cash & the caravan to re-sell.
Humans are so bloody gullable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back