• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2004 Ruby-Throated migration map (1 Viewer)

Aha! I'm back, just about 10 hours later, and the first hummingbird for Indiana has been reported, right in Sellersburg!!

If you click on the link above to the migration map, you'll probably see the green dot.

Soooooo --- get those feeders out!

That brand new dot is in Sellersburg? I got my three feeders out today, so maybe the little guy will stop by. Guess if I saw him tomorrow, my green dot wouldn't show, though would it.
Sigh.

I'm not an active birder, other than keeping feeders and houses up. I have had bluebirds nest here, a couple of times in a house under my deck (two story) and once in a woodpecker hole. A wren liked a gourd house with that nest topped by (I think) a chickadee.

I bought a subdivision house with TREES, so I have a nice stand of woods with high and low growth woody plants facing a "meadow". Should be perfect for cardinals, though I have not seen evidence of them nesting here.

Beverly, thanks for the gracious welcome. I go up to Washington county each year for the Maple Festival. Muscatatuck is on my list of places to visit (gotta learn to PRONOUNCE it first!) but haven't made it yet.

Beverlybaynes said:
Aha! I'm back, just about 10 hours later, and the first hummingbird for Indiana has been reported, right in Sellersburg!!

If you click on the link above to the migration map, you'll probably see the green dot.

Soooooo --- get those feeders out!

Is there a way to find out who reported the Sellersburg sighting? It would be interesting to see how close the little guy is and to share notes.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back