• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

start in digiscoping (1 Viewer)

medinabrit

i have the pentax pf 62 & 80 scopes also have nikon fieldscope + many astro EP,s.i also have a kodak dx6490 & a sony p8 camera . can anyone out there tell me what i need in the way of accesories to get into digiscoping the most economical way please?
thanks brian

7 a

medinabrit said:
i have the pentax pf 62 & 80 scopes also have nikon fieldscope + many astro EP,s.i also have a kodak dx6490 & a sony p8 camera . can anyone out there tell me what i need in the way of accesories to get into digiscoping the most economical way please?
Scopetronics EZ-Pix II (Large version) ...or the same product sold as Baader Microstage 6030. It will connect almost any of your eyepieces with almost any digital camera. Your Sony P8 should work very well in digiscoping. :t:

Good luck,

Ilkka

iporali said:
Scopetronics EZ-Pix II (Large version) ...or the same product sold as Baader Microstage 6030. It will connect almost any of your eyepieces with almost any digital camera. Your Sony P8 should work very well in digiscoping. :t:

Good luck,

Ilkka

I have the Scopetronix EZPIx 11 and was not very happy with it. It looks more substantial in the photo than it is and is a bit clumsy to attach and to center. The bird is usually long gone by the time you swing it into place and align it . There are some third party adapters I've seen for Sonys that screw into the tripod thread but I would start out hand holding the Sony to the rubber eyecup of your eyepiece or fitting a short tube over the eyepiece as a guide for the lens. Many people people are quite happy to keep it simple . Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back