• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB membership? WHERE ABOUTS? (1 Viewer)

wildlifelove

Hopefully Birding...
Hi ALL

I have became a member of the RSPB in early December! AND have had nothing back yet?
Just wondering when my pack ect will arrive anyone in the same boat?

If your mail is anything like mine I am still getting stuff that was posted before the snow. We sent our Xmas cards out in early December and several people didn't get them until after Xmas.

I'd "hang on in there"

Emailed them today about my missing Gift membership purchased on the 13/12, no reply as yet

Taken from there website

When will I receive my joining gift?
All joining gifts except bird feeders or boxes are enclosed in the Membership pack.

Bird feeders and boxes are posted separately to the new member household. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery. For gift memberships, please allow up to 28 days from the membership start date for delivery to the new member household.

Joining gifts can only be sent to UK addresses. The membership joining form offers the option to not receive a joining gift.

Given the bad weather, christmas and 28 days not up until this Sunday probably a couple more weeks

Just hope mine come's soon! Never thought il wait this long

Normal membership packs come thro in around 10 days, gift membership takes longer, if yours is normal membership may be worth chasing it up but as Robin said Hang on there, we had a christmas card posted on the 16th Dec arrive yesterday!

For gift memberships, please allow up to 28 days from the membership start date for delivery to the new member household

Not much point having a deadline date of the 15th for a Christmas gift then is it?

Not much point having a deadline date of the 15th for a Christmas gift then is it?

Given the UK's little dusting of snow and its resultant failure to even keep its biggest airport open :)-O what bunch of wimps are running things), along councils flapping around and not understanding how to clear roads, and with UK drivers equally useless and a good portion of the people acting like the world was coming to an end, I think you may wish to be a little lenient with delays in the postal service over this period.

However, all is not lost, I did read with considerable amusement that the police were none too amused when one lady dialled 999 to report her snowman stolen.

Strangely enough it only has to get from Sandy to Cambridge and that area was probably the least problematical weatherwise. We only had about 2cms total snowfall and unless it went via a sorting office in Scotland can see no reason why it should take so long

Just called and they are sending out another membership pack, did also mention that the free book I opted for was unavailable, so all in all not overly impressed and last time I have a good idea for a present.

Gift membership has touched down, so well worth giving them a ring

Not sure what happened to the original, lost in post or possibly put to one side when the book wasn't in stock

Do the membership packs actually get despatched from Sandy?

I only ask as I work for a company that send a number of mailings out, and although return addresses are the usual head office or one of our main offices, much of the stuff sent out is actually done by a third party company from a completely different part of the country. Likewise, some banks have similar set ups.

So it is possible that the membership packs are actually sent out from an area much disrupted by the weather and has a longer distance to travel than from just Sandy to Cambridge.

Just called and they are sending out another membership pack, did also mention that the free book I opted for was unavailable, so all in all not overly impressed and last time I have a good idea for a present.

It is worth knowing that it is always more cost effective for peopl eto join the RSPB in person plus you get a choice of gift and you can take it all there and then thus avoiding any postage delays!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back