• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Montana! (1 Viewer)

sfrissell

Hi everyone. My name is Sid and I live in Emigrant, Montana, just 30 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. I'm a lifelong birder, starting when I was about 5 years old=about 60 years of birding!

I retired 10 years to become a full-time bird artist, painting in watercolor and acrylics. We live on the Yellowstone River which is a natural corridor for many species of great birds to paint.

Looking forward to lots of fun and new knowledge here on the forum.

hi,Sid,welcome to BF.You must show a couple of your paintings on the Gallery.There is a section for Art work.Hope you enjoy the Forum,everyone is very friendly

Hi Sid,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin, Staff and Moderators. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

As a complete dunce when it comes to drawing and painting I always admire those who post in our gallery. As Christine says perhaps you can post some of yours too.

Sid,
Welcome to Birdforum. You sure are in a great location for birdwatching! Looking forward to hearing about your sightings and especially seeing some of your artwork.

Emigrant, MT, one of my favorite places. I'm practically an annual visitor at Chico Hot Springs during my visits to the Yellowstone area. Might not make it this year, as my fishing plans involve the Missouri near Wolf Creek, then down I-15 to Idaho. Maybe next year.

Please let us know what you're seeing in Paradise Valley.

Steve in Houston

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back