• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S5000 lense (1 Viewer)

C.J.

I have the S5000 and would have liked to have digiscoped with it, but I guess after reading posts its not possible....so can anyone recommend a good telephoto, I read somewhere I could use the 1.7x Olympus TCON-17, is this adaptable for the S5000. I'm not technically minded, but any advice would be most welcome |=)| its either that or saving my money for a EF lense for my Canon EOS650 and megga bucks are not words used in this household ;)

I use the TCON-17 on my S5000, it screws straight onto the adaptor ring you should have already. It works well, better than the Fuji teleconvertor (less purple fringing)

I've lent my Tcon17 to my friend Mark (MH68 on here) to use with his S5000, and to echo Mike's comments, it goes straight on and seems to work very well.

As Keith says, the Tcon-17 fits straight onto the S5000 lens adaptor. Still getting used to it, but initial results are encouraging. You don`t seem to lose any stops with the Tcon, and there`s little if any loss of quality on the image.
I`ve attached an image taken with the tcon-17, slightly sharpened and cropped by a tiny amount.

Mark

Attachments

• 2005_0913Image0025crop_sharp.JPG
    2005_0913Image0025crop_sharp.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 186
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back