• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Day tours from Mombasa or Malindi ( Kenia ) (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello together,

is it possible to do day birding tours from Mombasa north or south or Malindi, for bird watching e.g. Shimba Hills reserve or Arabuko Sokoke forest ?
I think about beach holiday combinated with day birding tours.
Hotels will offer tours, but I think minimum 200 US$ per day and more for one person ?

How is about snorkelling, is it still good after coral bleech 2016 ?

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Hello together,

is it possible to do day birding tours from Mombasa north or south or Malindi, for bird watching e.g. Shimba Hills reserve or Arabuko Sokoke forest ?
I think about beach holiday combinated with day birding tours.
Hotels will offer tours, but I think minimum 200 US$ per day and more for one person ?

How is about snorkelling, is it still good after coral bleech 2016 ?

Thank You very much.

Best regards
Dieter

Don't know anything specific for this site Dieter but sadly, in many places, $200 per person per day, often plus expenses, has become a benchmark fee for birders and Kenya is an expensive country in ecotourism terms.

Hi Dieter,
I birded the area on my own a few (10!) years back, and birding on your own was easily doable, but to see some of the scarcer specialities in Arabuko Sokoke, I hired a guide for a day, who also arranged for a car with driver.
The report can be seen here.

cheers

Jens

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back