• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Grey Owl Yosemite (1 Viewer)

Dear fellow birders!

This July I will go and visit California. I will also go to Yosemite National Park with primary goal: the Great Grey Owl! If anyone has some nice tips for me or wants to tell something about their encounter with this owl I would love to hear them!

Kind Regards,
Levi Deen

Slightly old info

Dear fellow birders!

This July I will go and visit California. I will also go to Yosemite National Park with primary goal: the Great Grey Owl! If anyone has some nice tips for me or wants to tell something about their encounter with this owl I would love to hear them!

Kind Regards,
Levi Deen

4 years ago birds bred on Golf Course opposite Wawona Info Centre - there were young around in August - the ranger could point you in right direction.

We also tried a site near El Portal - suggest you look at ebird nearer the time to see where birds are this year.

ebird no longer shares the exact location of a few species in certain areas inc GG owl in this area.

However historically the main sightings off the top of my head have been in Chevron meadow, Crane Flat, Wawona meadow (as previosly mentioned) and McGurk meadow.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back