• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

This one´s for the pros, Panama (1 Viewer)

Mergus1

the Bavarian Birder
Hey guys,

sorry for the really bad pics. These birds were only seen for a short time and also been really concealed. Maybe anyone can give a hint? I´m not sure if they are even possible to identify..

#1: This colorful little bird was seen only from behind in the trees next to Chagres river in Gamboa
#2: Black crowned tityra maybe? Pipeline road Gamboa
#3: Not many rufous birds in Panama, but still no clue about this hidden fellow. Mangroves near Colon town.
#4: Maybe some cotinga? Volcan Baru at around 2200m
#5: I´m out on this one (maybe some wren?). Volcan Baru at around 2500m
#6: No clue?? Quetzal trail near Boquete at around 2100m

Attachments

• Bird-ID-5.jpg
    Bird-ID-5.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Bird-ID-8.jpg
    Bird-ID-8.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Bird-ID-10.jpg
    Bird-ID-10.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Bird-ID-15.jpg
    Bird-ID-15.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Bird-ID-17.jpg
    Bird-ID-17.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 120
4 looks Elaenia-ish to me.
6 I guess it's a Mountain Thrush

Agree 1 looks a Common Tody-fl, 2 is a Tityra, 3 looks a cuckoo, 5 a Hairy Woodpecker

3 defo a cuckoo...in mangroves...maybe Little? That's the habitat we saw Little in Trinidad whereas Squirrel was more a forest bird

3 defo a cuckoo...in mangroves...maybe Little? That's the habitat we saw Little in Trinidad whereas Squirrel was more a forest bird

Looks to have a lot of grey on the underparts but higher up toward the neck than I'd expect on Little and I've seen Squirrel Cuckoo in mangroves.

Last edited:
Why do I see 5 have a much smaller bill than any woodpecker? Looks more like a warbler or Bananaquit bill to me

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back