• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snow drops are in bloom (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Got my 1st Snowdrops and Daffodils out seems like the very nice sun in Suffolk today had the right impact with mother nature even if its a tad early

Will post a piccy tomorrow if weather permits
Steve

Duke Leto said:
Got my 1st Snowdrops and Daffodils out seems like the very nice sun in Suffolk today had the right impact with mother nature even if its a tad early

Will post a piccy tomorrow if weather permits
Steve
my snowdrops are out, as are my wild primroses but the daffodils are in late bud still. at my local l.n.r. we have had katkins and pussey willow out for over a week.

Here's a shot of Snowdrops to whet you appetite and get out there.

nirofo.

Attachments

• Snowdrops in Snow.jpg
    Snowdrops in Snow.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 119
There are 22 acres of Snowdrops and Aconites at Walsingham Abbey in Norfolk. According to the local paper, they're opening for visitors a little earlier than usual as the plants are "slightly ahead of themselves this year".
Apparently it'll be open from the first w/e in February, 3 pounds for adults.

I went last year and it is quite a sight. Well worth a visit!
Thomas

Hi Folks,

I came home this afternoon to a lovely sight of 2 clumps of orange crocuses in flower, I did have a clump of small purple ones flower in November but they got bashed by the wind and rain, wonder if they will flower again? The weather here is mild and damp and there were clusters of midges hanging around, met a friend who said her bulbs were coming up covered in aphids.

It is definitely the warmest January I can remember and according to the news it is the warmest January since 1916 or 1906.

Ann :egghead: :flowers:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back