• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

Hi, I am 19 years old and I am Swiss. I speak Italian, so I am not very very good in English. I love bird Especially parrots, In fact I have two cockatiels. I want to begin with bird photography and I am Considering a bridge camera especially for the zoom. I wanted to buy the nikon Coolpix p900 because I'm attracted to the zoom but I read Many criticisms especially regarding the small sensor that limits the quality of photos in low light conditions, but I find that it is not the thing that interests me the most. I want to spend maximum 500 CHF ( 450£), and I want the maximum quality in the photos. I am Considering the p900, b700 and the Canon sx70hs. If you have some advice on which to buy or other bridges, I would appreciate them.

Last edited:
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Please note that BirdForum is solely based on wild birds and not captives ;)

I know it, in fact I want to take photos to wild birds and wild animals. I wouldn't need a camera for birds in captivity. That's why I need advice to take pictures of wild birds. Can you help me with my choice?
Thanks

I gathered as much ;)

You might want to start off looking at the photos in our Gallery and taking notice of the cameras and equipment that was used for the picture.

Also, below is a link to the "Cameras and Photography" section of the Forum and you might want to take your time looking through the threads in that section.

https://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits. Good luck with finding a camera.

Hi Parrotslover and welcome to BirdForum. Check the camera forum. There’s a new Nikon P950 coming out as well. The Sony RV series give great results as well.

Rich

I've been reading about what camera is the best choice in the forum.i I've also looked at a lot of photos and those who convince the most are the ones taken by the p900. The p950 costs twice as much as the p900 and since I said my budget is 450 pounds, I'd say I can't afford it��.
I am in this forum because I look everywhere for know what is the best bridge but I haven't found an answer. That's why I asked you

Last edited:
I've been reading about what camera i've been taking in the forum.i I've also looked at a lot of photos and those who convince the most are the ones taken by the p900. The p950 costs twice as much as the p900 and since I said my budget is 450 pounds, I'd say I can't afford it��.
I am in this forum because I look everywhere for know what is the best bridge but I haven't found an answer. That's why I asked you

Hi again. Sorry but I must have missed your budget. P900 looks like a good choice. I’ve got a friend with one and he gets pretty decent results. I’ve got the SX60 and if I was in the market for one now I’d seriously consider the P900. I must admit that I really like the portability of the little canon though as I’m usually carrying a scope and binoculars as well. Often I have the dog with me as well.

Good luck with your choice.

Rich

2 hours ago I saw an Ad of a nikon p900 for 390chf (310£). The camera is used so I don't know if is a good Purchase. What do you think? Is better buy a new camera?

If it were me I’d d wait to see if the new P950 drives down the price of the P900. There’s a thread here somewhere showing the differences. The main one is the ability to shoot in Raw which I doubt if I’d ever use. I’ll try and find the link for you.

Rich

The p950 is Already out and costs 1050 CHF. For me is a extra High price, but it drove down the p900 from 550 to 500/ 450 CHF. I was seriously considering to buy the p900 for 450chf but I saw the ad of the used camera and I don't know what to do. I am scared by the used objects but is an important Saving for me. Idk

Hi Parrotslover and welcome to Birdforum.

I've purchased two used cameras from members on here and have been delighted with both of them. My latest purchase from a member is the P900 and it's been doing a great job for me since October.

You can see some of my pictures in this thread: https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=3931924#post3931924, starting at this page.

I found it quite easy to use, as I'd had Nikon cameras in the past so knew their basic set up.

Hope this helps.

Hi, two weeks ago I bought a nikon Coolpix p900 for only 400 CHF ( 317 £) and I am very very happy with it.
Here you can see some my photos. The gallery is work in progress ad there aren't all my photos
https://vvcamponovo.wixsite.com/vito
How do you find my photos?

That’s a great price. Unfortunately I must be having an issue with my phone. When I try to open the portfolio it keeps showing a zoomed in picture. Will try again on my laptop. The first 2 shots on the opening page are great though. :t:

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back