• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen from 'planes (1 Viewer)

Northern Giant Petrel from the plane between New Zealand's South Island and Stewart Island. The plane doesn't fly very high so other seabirds were visible but the giant petrel was the only one large enough to identify.

Cattle Egrets are fairly standard runway-side birds in many parts of the world.

Oodles and oodles in the Okavango ...but I was doing a bird census by Cessna, so I guess it doesn't count ...did see Lion from the plane too, that was neat.

I watched a male Black Redstart at Gatwick as I waited to climb the steps onto the 'plane last Thursday.

I can't remember exactly how many without resort to the notebook but landing in Gambia for the first time I reckon I had around 7-8 lifers from taxiing to walking into the airport building.

My first flamingoes were from a unscheduled landing, due to a malfunction,many years ago on Lesvos. A mixture of terror and excitement as we came in low over the small flock.

Overlooked a heronry of Great & Snowy Egrets as we took off from Estancion del Socorro in Corrientes, Argentina, last Sunday, with a load of Bare-faced Ibis flying around and a Greater Rhea staying earthbound to boot.

James

Saw Gannets over the water below the plane over Largo Bay in Fife. Incidentally the plane was a Robin (DR400).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back