• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vote for Newie's next glass (1 Viewer)

There's a simple but expensive solution to the SE image blackout problem. Fly to Japan and buy an 8x30 EII. The fare from Oregon shouldn't be as dear as from the East Coast.

b.

Brock, I still don't believe the EII exists, even having doubts about the SE. Someday.......I'll get to see one.

Old Zeiss Jena Jenoptem 8x30w (end of 80th) is very very very nice porros! Wide FOV, light weight and crystal clear picture (sweetpot about 70%).

Brock, I still don't believe the EII exists, even having doubts about the SE. Someday.......I'll get to see one.

Newfie,

Here's "proof of life" that the 8x30 and 10x35 EIIs are no ghosts. Also pix next to the SEs.

FieFeiFoFom

Attachments

• Nikon EII and SE 031 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    Nikon EII and SE 031 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Nikon EII and SE 030 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    Nikon EII and SE 030 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Nikon EII and SE 029 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    Nikon EII and SE 029 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    299 KB · Views: 85
Thanks Brock. The SE's are the taller ones? You have extenders on them?

Yes, the SEs are taller.

The first photo shows the two EIIs (newspaper with date to provide "proof of life :), the 8x EII has Bushwackers.

The second photo shows the 8x32 SE (with extensions on barrels) and 8x30 EII (with Bushwackers).

The third photo shows the 10x35 EII and 10x42 SE (with FO light shields).

Brock

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back