• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins bird guide (1 Viewer)

rezMole

United Kingdom
I have the Collins bird guide - paperpack edition, which i usually take out with me when i go birding somewhere. Just been browsing on play.com and have come across a hradback edition for £20 (RRP £40). It says it is a large format edition. Has anyone got this? What do you think of it? How much bigger is it?

It's just slightly large than A4. Get it - even if you do have the small edition. I guarantee your jaw will drop when you see the paintings in the large-scale format. I use the large version at home for reference and take the small one into the field.

... it's £15.90 on Amazon! - mind you that's plus delivery. But then get the order up to £19 or more and delivery is free....

John Fleet :)

I have the small edition and the large format edition, for home reference, it is worth worth every penny, so add it to your bookshelf........next on my list is the Collins Tree Guide.

rezMole said:
I have the Collins bird guide - paperpack edition, which i usually take out with me when i go birding somewhere. Just been browsing on play.com and have come across a hradback edition for £20 (RRP £40). It says it is a large format edition. Has anyone got this? What do you think of it? How much bigger is it?

I have both - but to be honest still tend to refer to the smaller one as the big jobbie is actually quite a tome ! It is good though as others have commented. I always keep a copy of the small hardback in the car also.

Linz

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back