• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Princeton Guide to North American Birds (1 Viewer)

Killian Mullarney in a talk a few months back showed off some of Ian Lewington's plates, including longspurs, flickers, Mississippi Kite, and prairie-chickens. They really do look beautiful. I recommend the whole talk for Killian's perspective on the philosophy of field guides.
Thanks so much for this link. A most interesting video! And it almost feels like I know Killian a little bit now. Great talk and impressive person, indeed.

Thanks so much for this link. A most interesting video! And it almost feels like I know Killian a little bit now. Great talk and impressive person, indeed.
Hmm the Lewington illustrations are really good, but if this is anything to go by the layout doesn't really do them justice. Not enough white space around each bird which means my brain has to work much harder—first to find the bird and then to compare it with others. At least the font is better...

European bird guides have double function - not purely bird identification, but also works of bird art. This guide could be the first since perhaps J.J. Audubon to have it in America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back