• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Asian ringing/banding: where to report readings? (1 Viewer)

dalat

Switzerland
I saw two banded birds in Vietnam. Where should I report these birds?

Attachments

• 143742761.jpg
    143742761.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 143742791.jpg
    143742791.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 34
Hi Florian, I contacted Phil Round for reporting details and he replied as follows...

'Best is to send by email to Joris Driessen AWSG Flagging <[email protected]>; mentioning precise data and location (Lat/Long also if known. Joris should process these and send an e-recovery slip for each, if known.

Maybe also simultaneously post on the Facebook Group:
<shorebird leg-flag sightings in the eaaf - highlights photos reports etc> but I think you have to apply to join this closed group, first.'

Grahame

The colour combination on the flags tells you where the bird was ringed.

I'm not sure whether the stint has just a yellow flag or black over yellow. Yellow flagged birds are from NW Australia, black over yellow is from Kamchatka.

The Terek Sandpiper has black over white, indicating that it is from Chongming (near Shanghai). The white flag has an engraved number, so it should be possible to identify the individual and find out where else it has been seen.

As Grahame says, sending an email to Joris Driessen should be the best way to report this to the relevant people.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back