• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringed puffin (1 Viewer)

argupov

Spain
Hi!

Last summer, on July 7th, I observed a ringed Puffin on the island of Lunga (Scotland). I could not see the entire code of the ring, but it was wearing a metallic ring on the right tarsus with the sender "BTO" and the (incomplete) code "EZ3025(0?)".
Could someone help me locate where this bird was ringed? I would put the observation on the BTO ring reports page, but because of not having the complete code, it would be incorrect.

Thank you!

A brief look on Demography Online (DemOn) shows EZ30250 is a ring used on a Puffin and that it was ringed in July 2018. However without submitting the full details I don't think I can find out more. So I'll ask a friend! Bear with me.

What I did when I couldn't make out one number on a metal ring was put a question mark instead of it (you could also write what you think it was in coments), and they matched my record to the bird themselves.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back