• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to my feeder - Red Breasted Nuthatch (1 Viewer)

kaypros

It was fun to see this little fellow at the feeder. I see them in forests, but have never seen one at my feeder. He was there with some white throated sparrows and cardinals and downy woodpeckers.

Attachments

• nut2.jpg
    nut2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 108
I would be quite happy to come across this fellow anywhere as I have yet to add it to my life list. Lucky you!

kaypros said:
It was fun to see this little fellow at the feeder. I see them in forests, but have never seen one at my feeder. He was there with some white throated sparrows and cardinals and downy woodpeckers.
Good for you I've never seen one at my feeder or in the forest.

Thankyou for posting back to me K.C and IVN !

If you really want to put them on your life list you only need to go to the Pinery Provincial Park an hour north of me. ( not too far from Sarnia ) They are there all the time at the park feeders, at least every time I've visited, so I'm guessing they are year round.

Good Luck !

Stunning bird! This little chap started one of the biggest twitches in the annals of British Birding back in October 1989 I think it was.

kaypros said:
It was fun to see this little fellow at the feeder. I see them in forests, but have never seen one at my feeder...
I've had that experience, too, seeing this sp only a few times at the feeder but more in the forest. I know they're not particularly shy around dwellings because on our Christmas Bird Count, we found more of them near homes than we did in the middle of nowhere. Just don't see them much around my home. ;) But I'll take any kind of nuthatch -- they're so much fun to watch and listen to. :t:

Red Breasted Nuthatch in Myrtle Beach

KCFoggin said:
I would be quite happy to come across this fellow anywhere as I have yet to add it to my life list. Lucky you!
My wife and I were in Myrtle Beach State Park in late March and were told that they had a RBN hanging around there at the time and it was a park record. Keep your eyes peeled! Got some good birds there and Huntington Beach by the way.
Sungrebe

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back